The Bardia National Park is a protected area in Nepal that was established in 1988 as Royal Bardia National Park. Covering an area of 968 sq km(374 sq mi) it is the largest and most undisturbed national park in Nepal's Terai, adjoining the eastern bank of the Karnali River and bisected by the Babai River in the Bardiya District. Its northern limits are demarcated by the crest of the Siwalik Hills. The Nepalgunj-Surkhet highway partly forms the southern boundary, but seriously disrupts the protected area. Natural boundaries to human settlements are formed in the west by the Geruwa, a branch of the Karnali River, and in the southeast by the Babai River.
In Bardia National Park, you enjoy a full day of Wild-Life Safari activities such as: Elephant back safari, Nature walks, Canoe trip or boat ride, Jeep drive in the Deep forest, Elephant bathing, bird watching, Tharu Village tour etc. as per time permits. Trained local naturalists and guides will guide all to you. Animals and birds to be seen are rhinoceros, crocodiles, bear, monkeys, several species of deer, pythons, peacocks, hornbills, woodpeckers (amongst more than 400 species of birds recorded in the park).
2 Nights / 3 Days Package Program Itinerary (Bardia)
- Arrival pick up from bus station or airport transfer to hotel and welcome
- Briefing by the Lodge manager
- Crocodile breeding center/Tharu village/Jungle Jeep drive
- Sunset view from Riverbank
- Slide show/Tharu stick dance
- Wake up Call
- Elephant ride/bird watching
- Canoe ride/elephant briefing / swimming and bath
- Elephant ride / nature walk / visit to observation tower / Canoe ride
- Tharu Stick Dance/slide show