Rafting Chitwan Lumbini & Pokhara
Trishuli is Nepal’s most popular rafting river with impressive gorges, exciting rapids, some easier sections and easy accessibility from Kathmandu and Pokhara. Easy access to the Prithivi Highway makes “breaking off” the journey easy. Chitwan National Park is also easily accessible.
Chitwan National Park is the first national park in Nepal. Formerly called Royal Chitwan National Park it was established in 1973 and granted the status of a World Heritage Site in 1984. It covers an area of 932 sq km (360 sq mi) and is located in the subtropical Inner Terai lowlands of south-central Nepal in the Chitwan District. In altitude it ranges from about 100 m (330 ft) in the river valleys to 815 m (2,674 ft) in the Churia Hills.
Lumbini where the Buddha lived until the age of 29, has a number of temples, including the Mayadevi temple, and others under construction. Also located here is the Puskarini or Holy Pond where the Buddha's mother took the ritual dip prior to his birth and where he, too, had his first bath, as well as the remains of Kapilavastu palace. At other sites near Lumbini, earlier Buddhas were, according to tradition, born, achieved ultimate awakening and finally relinquished earthly form.
Pokhara is the third largest city of Nepal with area 55.22 sq km and population of 264,991 inhabitants and is situated about 200 km west of the capital Kathmandu. It serves as the headquarters of Kaski District, Gandaki Zone and the Western Development Region. Pokhara is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Nepal. Three out of the ten highest mountains in the world — Dhaulagiri, Annapurna I and Manaslu — are within 30 miles (linear distance) of the city, so that the northern skyline of the city offers a very close view of the Himalayas. Due to its proximity to the Annapurna mountain range, the city is also a base for trekkers undertaking the Annapurna Circuit through the ACAP region of the Annapurna ranges in the Himalayas.
6 Nights / 7 Days Package Program Itinerary (Chitwan - Lumbini - Pokhara - Rafting)
- Kathmandu drive to rafting point by tourist bus, our representative will come to pick up and you will raft and then drive to Chitwan and overnight at selected hotel.
- Full day activities in Chitwan and overnight at selected hotel.
The programs are Elephent safari/Nature walk/Birds watching/culture dance/Tharu village tour/
- Chitwan to Lumbini by private car and then overnight at selected Hotel in Lumbini.
- Sightseeing in birth place of Buddha whole day and overnight selected Hotel. This day, you will visit the birth place of Buddha. Lumbini has a number of temples, including the Mayadevi temple, Ashok pillar and many other monasteries. Also located here is the Puskarini or Holy Pond where the Buddha's mother took the ritual dip prior to his birth and where he, too, had his first bath.
- Drive Lumbini to Pokhara. It is nice driving part. You can easily enjoy with nature and mountains scenery and then overnight at selected Hotel in Pokhara.
Day 06: Pokhara valley sightseeing by professional tour guide.
- Devi’s fall
- Gupteswor cave
- Tibetan refuse camp
- Seti river banishing
- International Mountain Museum
- Bindabasini temple
- Barahi temple by Boating